Saturday, July 29, 2017

Book Review: Scarlet Rose #1: "I Knew I'd Meet You" (Graphic Novel)

Scarlet Rose #1: "I Knew I'd Meet You" by Patricia Lyfoung

Publishing Date: November 28, 2017
Publisher: Charmz
Synopsis from Goodreads: 

Maud, a dreamy young woman, who loves justice, lives in France in the 18th century. The incomprehensible murder of his father forced him to rejoin Paris where his grandfather, a noble whose existence she was unaware, saw. It crosses the road of the Fox, a brigand of the highways that she admires. But she still does not know anything about the secret that her father bequeathed to her and that a mysterious individual covets. 








SPOILER FREE REVIEW

I rated it 5/5 "it was amazing"

Thank you Papercutz for the copy via NetGalley.

This Graphic Novel is fun, easy to read, and has a good sense of humor.

It starts with the murder of Maud's father, a past revealed to her and thus she travels to live in Paris. Her huge crush on a bandit calling himself "The Fox" has lead her to a conclusion of becoming a bandit herself - Scarlet Rose.

Guilhem is quite cute but I can't really tell of his age based on the drawings. Their facial expressions are right and I love how they change to impossible human faces to exaggerate an emotion.

I believe the english translations have just begun and I can't wait to read the next installment. This is my first Graphic Novel series so I'm not very familiar with the slang. Is it called an 'installment', an 'issue' perhaps?




No comments:

Post a Comment