Monday, July 31, 2017

Book Review: Manga Classics: Pride & Prejudice (Graphic Novel)

Manga Classics: Pride and Prejudice by Stacy King

Publishing Date: September 17, 2014
Publisher: UDON Entertainment
Synopsis from Goodreads: 

Beloved by millions the world over, Pride & Prejudice is delightfully transformed in this bold, new manga adaptation. All of the joy, heartache, and romance of Jane Austen's original, perfectly illuminated by the sumptuous art of manga-ka Po Tse, and faithfully adapted by Stacy E. King.










SPOILER FREE REVIEW


I rated it 5/5 "it was amazing"

Thank You Udon Entertainment for the copy via NetGalley and for auto approving me on the said site. I no longer need to request for your mangas if ever I wish to read them. Yaaay!

First of all this is my first time to read Pride and Prejudice. I only ever saw the adaptation film of Pride and Prejudice and Zombies which had the major events covered and it helped a bit as I was reading this manga. Beyond that film I have no other idea about this popular novel by Jane Austen.

I find that this manga was very helpful. Whenever I want to read a classic I would turn to graphic novels now to spare myself the time of reading the full length novel. Not a lot of people read the classics anymore and I'd be fine by knowing enough rather than nothing at all.

The drawings on this manga were very wonderful, aristic, the women are beautiful, the men are handsome! I wish men were often drawn with Mr. Darcy's hair in this manga. His hair is fabulous!

For students who are tasked to write an essay on classics (who aren't really fond of reading lots of words) I suggest you pick up Mangas or Graphic Novels because they are quite helpful and easier to read. It takes a lot less time too!


No comments:

Post a Comment