Friday, June 9, 2017

Book Review: Everything, Everything

Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon

Publishing Date: September 1, 2015
Publisher: Delacorte Books for Young Readers
Synopsis from Goodreads: 

My disease is as rare as it is famous. Basically, I’m allergic to the world. I don’t leave my house, have not left my house in seventeen years. The only people I ever see are my mom and my nurse, Carla.

But then one day, a moving truck arrives next door. I look out my window, and I see him. He’s tall, lean and wearing all black—black T-shirt, black jeans, black sneakers, and a black knit cap that covers his hair completely. He catches me looking and stares at me. I stare right back. His name is Olly.

Maybe we can’t predict the future, but we can predict some things. For example, I am certainly going to fall in love with Olly. It’s almost certainly going to be a disaster.



SPOILER FREE REVIEW

I rated it 3/5 stars "I liked it"

Her life was pretty boring! But for someone who's never been outside the walls of her home then she wouldn't know what boring is.

The book is okay, the plot is really good but overall it just kind of lacked the "umf" factor. I kinda expected something different, something unique for the ending. It didn't give me that refreshing, or tragic feeling that I was expecting to get when I reached the ending. Yes, I felt very curious. Yes, I felt that thrill of interacting with my crush and kissing someone for the first time. Yes, I felt the pain during the revelation.

I guess I could say that this book was over-hyped. People were crazy about this book when it first came out but then after I read the book it was kind of "meh". Don't get me wrong, like I said the entire book was great, just not the ending. Maybe I'm just used to reading books with plot twists and crazy revelations which is why I was looking for that factor in this book.

But what I do love is how this book is about health awareness. I love it when I get informed with a new sickness that someone could be experiencing now in the world and I get how important that is and I should be very, VERY grateful for my life.

I have yet to watch the film, it wasn't shown here in our city.


No comments:

Post a Comment